- Events in 2017
- Abergwili Extension Update
- Gwili Railway urgently seeking new volunteers
- Trip Advisor Certificate 2016
- Extra Steam Taster date 20 May 2017
- 15/4/17 2017 Murder Mystery is SOLD OUT
- Classic Transport Event - Plan your day
- Support the Gwili Railway by purchasing the Old Signal Box DVD. Only £6
- Santa's Magical Steam Trains 2017
- A wonderful day with Santa
- A much improved Santa's
- Fantastic Santa
- RELAXING SUNDAY LUNCH AFTERNOON OUT
- Sunday Lunch on the Gwili Steam Railway
- "Great Evening, Great Entertainment & a Great Meal - Murder Mystery”
- A Wonderful Little Railway
- Excellent Railway Experience and very quaint
- Beautiful Trains, Beautiful Countryside!
- A Pleasant and enjoyable return to the past!
- Large Family Day Out
- Fantastic Day!
- A Lovely Experience!
- Train experience with Dog
- Fun for all!!
- Charming and Cherished
- A delightful Lunch
- A Lovely Experience
- A Sunday Lunch Delight
- Chilly Easter fun - Driver Bob
- Fathers' Day
- Food on the rails
- Great for the kids, run by friendly volunteers
- Lovely day out
- Lovely Little Steam Railway
- Lovely Ride
- Nice Little Railway
- Quaint Welsh Railway
- Small but Perfect
Visited the railway recently for
the Fathers Day Lunch on board the train.
From the initial booking right through to the wave goodbye on the platform the volunteers who run this wonderful little railway were absolutely fantastic. They couldn't do enough for us and the love and commitment really does shine through.
As for the food, to be honest I wasn't expecting much but they served three faultless courses and the local bottled cider helped it go down. We had leek and potato soup which was rich and creamy, full sunday roast with all the trimmings and as much gravy as you wanted. This was followed by homemade apple pie with a light custard. We would have struggled to finish everything but the service was relaxed and we had plenty of time between each course.
The atmosphere on board was great as we went up and down the railway, stopping to stretch our legs and explore the signal box. The chef came out to greet everyone and four hours after boarding we went back to our car fully satisfied all round.