- Events in 2017
- Abergwili Extension Update
- Gwili Railway urgently seeking new volunteers
- Trip Advisor Certificate 2016
- Extra Steam Taster date 20 May 2017
- 15/4/17 2017 Murder Mystery is SOLD OUT
- Classic Transport Event - Plan your day
- Support the Gwili Railway by purchasing the Old Signal Box DVD. Only £6
- Santa's Magical Steam Trains 2017
16 July 2017 - 16 July 2017
Classic Transport Day
Join us for a fun family day out
Thanks to all our exhibitors and visitors who came to our 2016 event
Sunday 16th July 2017
Join us once again for an exhibition of Steam locomotives and traction engines, Classic Cars, Motorcycles, Buses, Commercial Vehicles, Display Engines and Agricultural vehicles.
- Free car parking
- Day tickets
- Display of classic cars, agricultural, industrial and commercial vehicles, motorbikes and more in the event field.
- Intensive timetable
- Visit our 1910 fully restored, working signal box
- Find railway memorabilia in our Museum
- Ride on our heritage steam train, Scenic Explorer and Miniature Railway as many times as you wish. Ticket valid all day.
- At Llwyfan Cerrig ride on the Miniature railway
- Visit the 1911 fully restored Waiting Room
- Tour the fully restored 1950's Travelling Post Office
- Enjoy the riverside picnic site
- And more!
Light refreshments will be available at all stations, this will be a truly lovely Sunday day out for all the family.
We are running an hourly mixed service and your ticket is valid all day, so take as many train rides as you wish.
Join in the build up on Facebook.
TICKETS FOR THIS EVENT
Your Classic Transport Event Ticket includes entry to the Event Field to view the display of classic vehicles, free parking and all day Rail Ticket to use as many times as you wish to travel up and down the line.
Come back for updates on prices, timetables and booking for our 2017 event
|Online or by phone
A Trip Along The Line
Your journey begins at Bronwydd Arms Station, there is a brief pause as you pass through Llwyfan Cerrig Station on your way to the halt stop Danycoed at the end of the line. Here is a good opportunity for a photo stop. You can disembark and watch the steam locomotive uncouple and run round ready to pull the carriages back to Llwyfan Cerrig Station.
Here you can disembark to enjoy this picturesque river side spot, ride on the Miniature Railway, visit the Travelling Post Office and see the display of carriages and wagons at various stages of restoration.
Trains depart from Llwyfan Cerrig Station back to Bronwydd Arms Station so you can stay as long as you please, or do the trip again so you can travel on the steam train and the heritage diesel train.
For further information on this event, please contact the railway on 01267 238213.
Passengers are carried subject to the Conditions of Carriage of the Company. Whilst every effort will be made to maintain the advertised services the Company does not guarantee that trains will depart or arrive at the times shown. For operational reasons it may be necessary to substitute a diesel locomotive for steam at short notice. In exceptional circumstances it may be necessary to cancel services. The Company can accept no liability for any loss, inconvenience or delay that results from any changes to advertised services. Information correct at time of publishing.