On 11th December 1977, Peckett 0-4-0ST No.1903 “Little Lady” becomes the first loco to arrive at Bronwydd Arms in the preservation era.
Built in Bristol in 1936, the locomotive originally worked for the South Wales Public Wharf & Transit Company in Penarth. It never steamed at the Gwili, and subsequently moved onto the Chasewater Railway.
In 2007 it moved to Chatham Historic Dockyard, where it returned to steam in 2010 – and can still be seen today.
2018 sees the 40th anniversary of the Gwili Railway in the preservation era. Throughout the year, we’ll be looking back through our archives – to find pictures from the preservation era. Look out for more, coming soon… #throwbackthursday #gwili40